KIT DISTRIBUTION FOR VISUALLY IMPAIRED PERSONS
Neville Endeavours also organized separate kits which were distributed to the visually impaired persons who were affected by the flood. About 300 such kits were arranged for distribution on 10th January 2016.
Lending hand to the visually impaired persons who got affected by the flood in Chennai. We distributed about 300 kits to the visually impaired students and elders who needed help followed by Elai sappadu.
Wish to thank all my well-wishers and donors who came forward to provide the required items which inturn was given to the visually impaired.
We associated with the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) who identified visually impaired persons. The kits were distributed on the 207th Birthday Celebration of Louis Braille. The distribution was programmed with an Invocation prayer song by the visually impaired and lighting of lamp and addressed by the President of NFB followed by the distribution.
We had our Trustees from Neville Endeavours Foundation present for the event along with donors to distribute the kits and Mini Digital Speaker Device.
The distribution was done in a Marriage hall on Sunday, 10th January 2016 at 11.30 am and Elai sappadu was served.
EACH KIT CONTAINED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS THAT WAS PROVIDED TO EACH INDIVIDUAL:
- Rice – 5 Kg – Provided by a donor
- Oil – ½ litre – Provided by a donor
- Dhal – ½ Kg – Provided by a donor
- Bed sheet – 1 No. – Provided by a donor
- Blanket – 1 No. – Provided by MCRT94
- Saree – 1 No – Provided by a donor
- Dhoti – 1 No – Provided by a donor
- Medical kit – 1 set (contains 8 items) – Provided by Round Table India
- Kelloggs Chocos – Provided by Round Table India
- Biscuit, Water & Juice – Provided by Round Table India
- Mini Digital Speaker Device – Provided by a donor
- Re-canning rope – Provided by a donor
- Kit bag (reusable) – Provided by a donor
- Lunch 300 Nos.(Elai Sappadu) – Contributed by multiple donors
- Transportation cost from the venue to the distribution area – Contributed by multiple donors
- Hall rent – Contributed by multiple donors
We thank all the D2D volunteers who were present for this distribution. Special mention to JBC volunteers and college students who came to help with the distribution at the venue. Wish to thank RR Kitchen who served quality food at a nominal cost for the visually impaired people.