About Neville J. Bilimoria
Neville Jamshed Bilimoria wears many successful caps. A National silver medalist in Rowing, passionate Marathoner, ardent ultra-Cyclist, committed philanthropist. He is the founder of D2D marathon & managing trustee for Neville Endeavours Foundation. Through “Neville Endeavours Foundation” he and his team raise funds through the event called D2D Marathon benefiting the needy children towards Education and medical treatment.
Neville has more than 26 years’ experience and specialise in family Immigration visas through skilled and Investment migration programs. He is the senior consultant and managing partner at Bilimoria & Associate and Managing Director of Bilimoria Impex Pvt. Ltd., established in 1995. www.bilimoriaassociate.com
DAWN TO DUSK & DUSK TO DAWN (D2D): Neville along with his team of friends and well-wishers raised for charity a substantial amount INR 4.3 crores from 2012 in the last 7 editions of D2D event. Every rupee that was raised through Dawn to Dusk, Dusk to Dawn Marathon and Apollo D2D Duathlon have been donated towards education and healthcare of children.
The funds raised through D2D Marathon were donated as follows:
- 1st edition: In the year 2012, awareness was created for Round Table India and the funds that was raised used for building classrooms for the underprivileged children.
- 2nd edition: In the year 2013, awareness was created towards the children affected by Cerebral Palsy. The funds that were raised used for the God’s own children towards their treatment and purchase of Therasuit.
- 3rd edition: In the year 2014, again the event D2D for the 2nd time raised funds and awareness towards the children affected by Cerebral Palsy. The funds that were raised used for the God’s own children towards their treatment and purchase of Therasuit. An aqua-therapy was built and donated.
- 4th edition: In the year 2014, Chennai witnessed the first ever Chennai’s Night Marathon towards creating awareness on Organ donation and raised a substantial funds for LYLF, Apollo Hospitals towards the treatment of children’s’ organ transplantation.
- 5th edition: In the year 2016, awareness was created for Round Table India – Freedom Through Education project and funds that was raised used towards building classrooms and toilet blocks for the underprivileged children.
- 6th edition: In the year 2018, the event created awareness and funds that were raised donated to Cancer Institute, Adyar (WIA) for the treatment of Cancer affected children.
- 7th edition: In the year 2021, Apollo D2D Duathlon was a virtual event and participants took part from around the world with the total participation of 7,445 participants. The event created awareness on childhood cancer and funds that were raised towards treatment of young cancer patients through both diagnosis and advanced treatment from Apollo Cancer Centres.
Neville was an active Tabler in Round Table India and made great contribution as past Tabler and Chairman of MCRT 94 Round Table India. Neville and team of his Tobler’s of MCRT 94 raised in a single year INR 2.25 crores to build 55 new Classrooms and 22 Toilet blocks which was raised through funds from different donors, which is one of the highest till date in round table history.
The 55 classrooms and 22 Toilet blocks which were inaugurated by the former President of India Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam in the presence of dignitaries, well-wishers, Teachers and school children.
Neville was also appointed as Brand Ambassador of Round of India to promote the project Freedom Through Education.
Neville is the Brand Ambassador for Vummidi Bangaru Jewellers (VBJ) as an Endurance Athlete.
Neville’s passion of giving the best to every activity that he takes up while inspiring others to be healthy and fit, was the beginning of his endeavours. Through his rowing, running and cycling activities, he has found numerous ways to help the less privileged children. He motivates himself to succeed with hard work, dedication, commitment with mind set to achieve the goals!!
“It is important to remember we are all blessed in many ways and each one of us have the potential to give back to the society through the very passion that drives us. I am passionate about my day-to-day work and training and put my 100% in the sport of rowing, running and cycling to keep fit. And through these sporting activities, I’d like to find ways that would benefit those who can’t even have a fragment of what we have!!
With most things in life, blessed and thank God for what I am today!! Wish to keep contributing through my passion and give back to the society in my own way. Always been supported and guided by my family, friends and well-wishers.”
Neville holds Three National records from LIMCA RECORDS:
- First one in 2014 covering a total distance of 154.12 Km in 12 hours. Running for 6 hours covering 43.12 Km and Cycling for 6 hours covering a distance of 111 Km.
- Second one in 2015 covering a total distance of 207 Km in 12 hours. Running for 6 hours covering 51 Km and Cycling for 6 hours covering a distance of 156 Km.
- Third one in 2018 covering a total distance of 219.1 Km in 12 hours. Running for 6 hours covering 53.1 Km and Cycling for 6 hours covering a distance of 166 Km.
In the year 1993, Neville joined Madras Boat Club as Student Member and represented the club and state in many rowing events. Brought laurels and recognition by Representing Tamil Nadu in 3 National Games and won National Silver medal in Men’s pairs.
Also, held the post of Captain of Madras Boat Club. He has won medals in all three disciplines in rowing category – single sculls, coxless pairs and coxed fours for Madras Boat club.
In the year 2010, Neville started taking part in Marathons and Ultra marathons. He has run across all over in India, and in Sri Lanka, Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai, USA, Germany, Japan and UK till date.
His personal best in full marathon has been 03:45:49 and the longest distance he has ran in Malnad Ultra covering a distance of 110 Km in 22 hrs 33 mins with the elevation of 4700 meters.
He has participated in 68 marathons across India and abroad till date. This includes the 4 Dawn to Dusk Marathons that were conducted at IIT and Anna University Campus covering total distance of 156 Km in the year 2012, 154 Km in the year 2013, 207 Km in the year 2014 and 219.1 Km in the year 2018 in 12-hour period of the Dawn to Dusk event.
He has completed 5 out of 6 world major marathons – Berlin 2018, Tokyo 2019, London 2019, New York 2019 and Boston 2020.
In the year 2011, took up cycling and has completed many cycling events and has been Goodwill Ambassador for many events and podium finisher in Time Trail.
Holds the Super Randonneur title for the 10th consecutive year having completed all series for calendar years 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 (Super Randonneur is one who completes all the series: 200 Km, 300 Km, 400 Km, 600 Km and 1,000 Km in a calendar year).
Completed 1,000 Km – Chennai-Vijayawada-Chennai in cycling for the year 2014 completed in 73 hours, year 2015 completed in 69 hours, year 2016 completed in 72 hours, year 2017 completed in 70 hours, year 2019 completed in 70 hours.
Completed 1200 Km in 88 hrs 29 mts, the Brevet Chennai-Coimbatore-Madurai-Trichy-Pondicherry-Chennai in September 2017. Completed Fleche in February 2019.
Completed PARIS-BREST-PARIS an International Cycling event 1,226 Km in 89 hrs 1 minutes in Aug 2019, one among the 44 finishers from India to complete within the cut-off time.
Married to Kamini, who has been supportive and encouraging with all goals that Neville has achieved. He is thankful to his family and friends, office staff and everyone who have been so supportive in his endeavours.
Learn more at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sBx-wv7qOc (Part 1 – Dawn To Dusk)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaGPAQOGmrM (Part 2 – Dawn To Dusk)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2egOID3N2ew (Part 1 – Live with fire)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq0o-M539bU (Part 2 – Live with fire)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dDQ022_qDQ (D2D 2015-16)